Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Does Rachael Ray Annoy Herself?

Why do i still watch 30 Minute Meals with Rachael Ray? It's my mindless entertainment before I go to bed but she annoys me, so why do I do it? Last night I sat there pondering whether or not she annoys herself. She was making "ice cream sammies" and I kept wondering what adult, who is not being condescending to a young child, calls a sandwich a sammy?? And WHY? What is wrong with the word sandwich? It's treated me well all my life. And that's just the beginning of my frustration with Rachael and her bizarre lexicon.
Yum-O: she likes this so much she named her FOUNDATION after it. Seriously?!
EVOO: no explanation necessary
spoonula: is this the actually name for this tool? I thought it was a spatula. You know the plastic ones that are good for scraping the sides of a bowl.
Moppina: Another word I assume is made up. Why can't she say kitchen towel?

I'll add more grievances when they come. This blog is no where near over...

1 comment:

Casey said...

Another heinous one from RR is 'stewp' pronounced STOOP. It is thicker than a soup but thinner than stew. I made the poor decision to make one once - basically you make soup then you just keep boiling it to reduce it. Thus making all veggie overcooked and gross.