Monday, August 18, 2008

Opera In the Park



We had an amazing picnic at Stern Grove yesterday. The annual Opera in the Park is one of my favorite events and we were lucky enough to have a good spot (thanks for saving it Lys) and an even better picnic. We had four really lovely cheeses, the salami and prosciutto, I made more of my now ubiquitous orzo, and there were four salads from Whole Foods.

We drank mimosas and enjoyed the music and company. The music was a celebration of Leonard Bernstein's 90th birthday, so it was really fun to hear parts of Porgy and Bess, West Side Story, and Oklahoma amongst others. It was also nice because I think that music is probably more palatable for beginning opera attendees.
The only downside of the weekend was eating way too much. I have felt gross all day and it's been 24 hours since the gorgefest. Yuck. My pants feel tight, partially probably because of the amount of sodium I consumed and also because of the time of the month. But it is light eating for the next two weeks, as I am in a wedding 2 weekends from now.

Enjoying the San Francisco Opera Co.

No comments: