Monday, August 25, 2008

Sometimes You Just Want What You Want


The other day I came home from work very tired and a little crabby. I was exhausted and hungry and I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to eat. Then it dawned on me. I wanted eggs. Eggs and toast. So I made a side dish of kale and mushrooms (which I added some wine to and I shouldn't have. It overpowered the natural taste of the food and it was too alcoholy for me. I didn't want a glass of wine and therefore I definitely didn't want to eat one either.)
But the greens were good and the eggs and whole wheat toast hit the spot of exactly what I wanted. I love fried eggs and I make a pretty good one even if they aren't always pretty.
I put on some sweats and sat in front of the tv while mopping up the oozy egg yolk. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

No comments: