Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Chinese Food


This is all pretty self-explanatory. Foodbuzz, my company, went on another field trip for chinese food. As our new offices are located about one block from Chinatown, our options are pretty much endless. This time is was Oriental Pearl that struck our fancy. We all wanted to do Chinese again because two weeks ago we went to R&G and it was delicious, plus our table had this huge lazy susan which really helped the 14 of us share a family style meal.The meal came rolling out starting with dumplings, shown above. These were ok, a bit greasy, but not terrible especially when dressed up with some chili sauce and soy sauce.
Sweet and Sour (Hot and Sour??) soup was up next. This was nice on a cold day. It was very spicy but I really enjoyed it, I would say that this was the best part of the meal. Fried Rice and sweet and sour prawns arrived after this. I picked most of the pork out of the fried rice, but it was pretty basic.
They were good in that "I know this is terrible for me and full of crap" way. Oh well, I can eat veggies tomorrow. Some sweet and sour chicken and Cashew chicken finished off my meal. These were also sub par. I don't know what was so much better than R&G compared to Oriental Pearl, but they really were different. Maybe it was the greasiness factor. Same with the cashew chicken, it had the elements it was supposed to but lacked something. There was Mogolian beef as well but I didn't eat it. Still not there with the red meat yet. Actually I am going back and forth about whether or not cut it out completely again. I'm not sure. We'll see. Maybe for a month and then I can reassess. See how I feel, how John feels, etc. That is my main problem right now. He isn't content eating some veggies and a few bites of cottage cheese for dinner like I am. And I don't know how I feel about making us separate meals. Actually I do know how I feel, I would hate it. Something to ponder...

1 comment:

V said...

Seeing all these Chinese dishes... my mouth is watering ....