Thursday, January 22, 2009

Moroccan Chicken with Stewed Prunes and Tomatoes


This is one of my all time favorite chicken recipes. You stew this chicken with a bunch of spices like cinnamon and then add the sweet prunes. Ok or you can call them dried plums. Apparently the prune industry is trying to change the name from prune to dried plums to escape the apparent bad reputation that prunes have. I suppose that prune does bring up the negative connotation of grandparents and an attempt at being "regular" but I think that a prune is delicious no matter what you call it.
While I cooked the chicken I also made some egg noodles which I added a little butter and some poppy seeds too. This was a lovely base for the chicken and all the sweet and yummy pan juices to run over. I had a drumstick with my noodles on the first night and kept the breasts for the following evening.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Hello Evie, that is delicious! I'd like to invite you to take some time to drop by at Foodista. We have launched an online food and cooking encyclopedia ala wikipedia where you can contribute and share what you know about food, your fave recipes, and cooking techniques. Hope to see you there! Thanks! -Alisa@foodista

We also have a small embeddable widget that will help you build traffic from Foodista-related pages. This will explain how the widget works. Thanks