Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Innocent Bystander Pinot Noir- Wine Review

After a lovely dinner last night John and I ran out of the house to run an errand. Said errand brought us by Bar Johnny http://www.barjohnny.com on Polk St and we decided to duck in and grab a glass of wine. Bar Johnny is this cool loungy restaurant/bar that is close by John's house and is more my style than the sports bar that we typically frequent, (not that I don't love Shanghai Kelly's, but a change is always nice). We ordered a bottle of the Innocent Bystander Pinot Noir. It was a 2007 from Australia and I loved it. It was a lovely wine, not too fruity or sweet, which is a quality I have been sensitive to in wines recently. I was just surprised by how much I liked it.
So I looked it up online today and it is reasonably priced online as well. Bar Johnny was selling it for $30/bottle, and I found it priced online for anywhere from $18.99-$26.99. Which was nice to know, that means that we didn't pay a hugely inflated price for our wine last night.
It comes with an interesting label with a twist off cap as well, which is my new favorite convenience.
So if anyone is looking for a nice, light Pinot Noir to enjoy, my money is on the Innocent Bystander. I might even buy a case today!

No comments: