Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Easy Supper


So, John and I are on a health kick. Ok- maybe I am simply putting him on one. But I decided that I was eating too much crap. And I really don't eat crap, but too many rich foods (yes, the enchiladas were delicious, but after three days of them, I felt a bit heavy. So first off, we are eating vegan all week. What you say? Sacrilege?! Well, not really. I am not much of a meat eater (as discussed at other times in this blog) and I am also somewhat lactose intolerant, so not eating that stuff is both easy and probably better for me.
So I made an easy dinner. We went running along the water at Chrissy Field again and were both hungry when we got home. So, I decided to eat leftover corn and make a salad using basically anything I could dig up in my fridge. This meant spinach, carrots, celery, corn, radishes, avocado, tomatoes with a yummy dijon/red wine vinegar vinaigrette. Yum!
I really love eating simply and easy like this. It feels better going down and I don't liek that heavy feeling I feel so often after eating out.

No comments: