Thursday, July 17, 2008

Picnic in Dolores Park- Orzo Salad


To celebrate Katie's birthday last night we went to a very windy Dolores Park for some wine, food, and fun. I made an orzo salad that was a huge hit! Here's my makeshift recipe. It fed an army!

1.5 boxes of orzo (cooked and cooled)
1 cup of dried cranberries (or cherries would be good too)
1 bag of washed and cleaned arugula
1/2 c toasted pine nuts
a block of ricotta salata
zest and juice of two lemons
red wine vinegar
olive oil
salt and pepper
chiffonade of basil

The salad was delish. It was even better after sitting in the fridge for a night and day. I didn't have any because I was trying to stick to my vegan guns, munched on bread and hummus, some chips and salsa etc. I had a little non-cheese bite. But we had a lovely picnic and HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!!

Brrr, it was really windy!

No comments: